The Health Check
When we planted the church in 1995 with a small group of like minded individuals, we were enthusiastic and crazy enough to try anything that was morally, ethically and theologically acceptable.
Our desire was to see a strong and healthy community of born again, faith filled and courageous believers established that would impact the world in which they lived.
At a very early stage of planting the church, we realised it was our responsibility to maintain and cultivate an emotionally healthy spirituality, that would help with longevity and build a faith legacy.
So how do you maintain and cultivate an emotionally healthy spirituality in the midst of a busy schedule and hectic lifestyle?
- Remain connected to God at all times through His Word and in prayer.
- Learn the art of contemplation, reflection and confession.
- Have realistic expectations of yourself and others.
- Discover the importance of a sabbath and work from rest.
- Choose your friends and ministry companions wisely.
- Enjoy life, have fun along the way and laugh a lot!
- Take your work seriously, but don't take yourself to seriously.
- Guard your heart.
- Learn to forgive and forget, and don't hold grudges.
- Have regular emotionally healthy spirituality health checks.
Gods plan for your lives is to burn on and not burn out!